Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Mission #1: Create a Writing Blog COMPLETED

I added a cute picture of me as a baby because nobody reads text only posts. The fact that the picture has little to do with what you are about to read does not mean that you should stop reading. Quitting is for losers. I'm guessing you don't want to be thought of as a loser. Especially not by me. Considering I'm all important and that. Gosh I'm rambling.
I'm going to try to make this post smallnsweet for reasons similar to the ones I wrote about in the caption of the cutest baby picture in. the. world.

I created a blog about me and my "writing" not only because I am a nerd who's addicted to blogging, but also because I would someday like to publish some of my work and it's always cooler if you tell a publisher that you already HAVE readers. (So, if you want to help a girl make her dream come true, keep reading, forever.)

Yes, I am addicted to blogging. I started blogging when I was 12 years old and have created over 15 blogs in the last 4 years, but have been faithful to not one of them either because I freaked over my lack of readership or surplus of readership. (Not at all because of my commitment issues.) I have decided not to pay attention to the stats in this blog, because success oriented stuff has proven in my case (and many others) to be poisonous.

There's also a story of how I concretely came to think of this blog. A few days ago, I realized that I only have A MONTH left of being a 16 year old. And 17 is a creepy, mysterious world where I am almost old enough to vote. I freaked, after all, 16 is an important age. I won't be able to sing "I am 16 going on 17" all day long anymore. Worst of all, I have done NOTHING with my sixteens. Except for a lot of important stuff, but I took this existential crisis as an opportunity to start blogging again (addiction.)

I quit blogging at the beginning of the year because I felt that I was undertaking too many activities this 2012 (still true) and I needed to give up something (still true) so I gave up blogging (no longer true.)

Morale of the story: I hope this blog remains through time, otherwise, I'm studying medicine and forgetting my literary ambitions. (My parents would probably pay you to stop reading if they knew that I just wrote that.)

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I'm glad that you posted your link on the Rookie website, because your blog is really cool so far! Can't wait to read more! -Britney

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...