Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Mission #2: Become a Rookie Contributor

SoHo, NYC

Again, picture has nothing to do with post.

I mentioned in a previous post what made me come back to blogging.

I forgot to mention, or exclaim, or write an epic ode about a very very very important (as you might have been able to guess) factor of my return to the blogging world.

I used to be addicted to reading blogs. They were part of my homework. My life was like, okay, get home at 4, eat something (preferably cake), READ BLOGS READ BLOGS until 5.30 (in theory, in reality, until 6), grind a few math problems, groan, "this shit is for fucking geniuses and I'M NOT THAT let's BLOG!", read blogs read blogs read blogs write a blog entry.

I had a productive life.

Anyways, I left the sweetest year of my life behind, eighth grade (if you're currently in or going to be in eighth grade, I want you to know that I highly envy you), and entered a world were math problems were the least of my problems. Hello long 2,000 words investigation essays about education in Ancient Greece, detailed tests on the specific functions of the liver, and the gaining of other tools for my life-skills toolbox. (I'm probably going to read this when I'm in college and be like "you knew NOTHING, you crybaby.") I didn't do it consciously, but I left my list of 50 blogs to be read on a daily basis behind.

That is, until little over a month ago, when I discovered Rookie.

Oh, life changing creater of joy! Oh, surreal collection of illuminating and thought provoking material! And, before this turns into an epic ode, I leave you with the link HERE.

Whatever. No matter how much I talk about Rookie, you can always read it and it will be a 1000 times better than an epic ode, even if Homer wrote the ode, and the guy was a freakin' genius. What I'm trying to get at with all this Rookie blabber, is that they give ALL OF US the OPPORTUNITY to SUBMIT SOMETHING WE'VE MADE TO THEIR BEAUTIFUL SITE.

YOU CAN TELL I'M EXITED BECAUSE OF ALL THE ANNOYING CAPS LOCK.

I already sent a short essay on something I'm passionate about, but I'm not very confident. As a matter of fact, I don't even want them to publish it that much, because how can anything I write be good enough to be on there? However, I'm writing another one now that I'm a little more confident about.

NOW LISTEN HERE, ANA, YOU HAVE A MISSION ON YOUR PATH TO BECOMING A WRITER:




  • Mission #2 as a very wannabe author: Write something for Rookie every week until the beginning of March 2013. Odds are then, that they will publish something.
Exited about all the possibilities! Yay yay yay!

Let me invite you, reader, to do something that will help you fulfill your dreams today. And share it in the comments, let's all be dream seekers!

2 comments:

  1. I love Rookie! And I love your blog! I sure hope the world doesn't end, because then I won't be able to read the blogs on my blog roll list! WHAT WILL I DO THEN?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm currently in 8th grade, and it's...okay. You're lucky that your time there was that fun. -Britney

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...