Sunday, January 13, 2013

Ready, Set

I am not a movie person. I am a book person. I am the person who will go "no, I haven't seen it, but I read the book!" Yes, I am that annoying nerd.

I am willing to become a little bit less annoying because this month I am taking my free trial at Netflix. I am willing to let my summer wane away to the power of endless loads of movies, series, movies.

Here's the list that I need to crunch down: (again, I am not a movie person for a reason. I really dislike most of them.)


  • The Breakfast Club
  • Annie Hall
  • The Royal Tenenbaums (and all of the other Wes Anderson films)
  • Freaks and Geeks (of course I'm watching series too.)
  • 21 Jump Street
  • Terms of Endearment
  • Stranger than Fiction
  • Evita
  • The Lord of the Rings
  • The Perks of Being a Wallflower
  • Lots of things by Quentin Tarantino 
  • The Goonies
  • Almost Famous
  • Badlands
  • Days in Heaven
  • Watch lots of Gossip Girl
  • Finish Gilmore Girls
  • Watch The Golden Girls
  • Basically any TV series that includes the word "girls."
  • Finish HIMYM


Gosh, I'm really not gonna party a bit this month. Nor see the light of day.

Yeah right, movies suck, there's no way I'm not going to the beach.

Anyways, where do you think I should start?

GO!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. start with the Breakfast Club and Freaks & Geeks definitely. or maybe you can finish up HIMYM to get it out of the way.

    Some recommendations that I think EVERYONE should watch though:
    Poison Ivy (1992), Times Square (1980), Submarine (2010), My Neighbour Totoro (or any films by Hayao Miyazaki), Go Getter (2007) and for series - Community, Parks & Recreation, Fresh Meat.

    Seriously, check them all out if you haven't. And tell me what you think about them all next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the recommendations! I will definitely be checking them out!

      Delete
  2. YOU CAN DO IT! It's totally worth it. Those are all movies worth seeing and I also agree with Tasya (especially about anything by Hayao Miyazaki! Watching these tv shows and movies also gives you something to talk about with friends, family and even strangers. It's worth it!!! :D

    Love this list!

    www.ee2be.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...