Saturday, February 2, 2013

Midsummer Night's Life


Perhaps my favorite part about summer are the nights. The hour after hour of solitude and silence, periods and époques in which the blessed leisure allows for activities that would scarce be found during a time of our life other than summer. The warmth of the night. The one that welcomes you into a land of endless hours of solitary diversion.

I remember one summer night a few years ago when, roughly at 2 am, I took my computer to my kitchen, played Gondwana (a Chilean reggae group), and danced around the kitchen counters while I drank chocolate milk.

And there was one particular February night at my family's beach house. I watched the movie One Day, cried my eyes out, and realized it was only a few moments of waiting until sun rise. So I waited for a few minutes and some hours, walked to a cliff from where you can catch the beach, the village, and the mountains, and saw the sun rise.

The night during which I took the picture of the candles was a few weeks ago. I have developed a habit of, when not under risk of being caught, liberating myself from clothing. So I took The Perks of Being a Wallflower to my kitchen, ate pizza with barbecue sauce, and read about 100 pages. Then I took the book to a terrace next to my bedroom, lit candles to who's light I kept reading, and smoked the first, and second, and third cigarettes of my life. I lit the cigarettes with the candles and because I was reading The Perks of Being a Wallflower.

I do not want this summer to end.

2 comments:

  1. It's the little things in life that makes the greatest memories, I also love to read with a few candles around me and a good cup of tea in my hands. It's so relaxing ! Lovely post, have a great day !

    Charlie xx
    http://charliesmakeupboxes.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  2. love candles
    <3 xx
    share the feeling
    samecookiesdifferent.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...