Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Summer Reading List

Summer is coming to a close and I can't believe that I still haven't shared my ToReadThisSummer list!! Blasphemy!!

I remember when I was in Elementary School what a shock it caused me when teachers asigned summer reading. They would tell us, students, to read two or three books, at most. And we had to write them down in a "Summer Reading Log."

TWO BOOKS?!?!?! WHAT THE HELL, ARE YOU GOING TO READ A PAGE A DAY???? WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO EVEN DO ALL SUMMER!!!!!!

And so, whilst most of my classmates returned at the end of the summer with their reading log showcasing two or three book, I returned with a smug smile of pride that was in all likelihood a tad too obnoxious for my peers, because I had not read the denigrating number of two or three books over the summer, but ten.

Yes, I have read at least ten books every summertime since I can remember. This might not seem like an impressive number, but allow me to explain: Up to a few years ago, my summers didn't last three but only two months, so I didn't have much time. Also, I am a very slow reader, and I go to a summer camp and often travel. This year I really have very little time to read, because a friend invited me to her lake house, and I travelled for about a month and a half, and because I went to the summer camp. But fear not, published authors of the world, I will complete this list, no doubt about that! Even if takes a uber-reading marathon during the remaining week of summ-ah.

A cyber-smile for you,
Ana

2 comments:

  1. i'm reading lolita now and it's quite a challenge but also quite interesting. i capture the castle is so great, one of my favourites, and obviously so is the perks of being a wallflower. will you do reviews of some of these once you have read them? that would be nice, i'd like to know what you think of paper towns by john green.
    happy reading!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh! I'm reading Siddhartha by Hesse and I find it great- very calming really :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...