Friday, June 14, 2013

17 B4 18 #15: Explore a common/new place



When I did my 17 B4 18 list, number 15 glittered with potential (either to be really cool or utter frustration.)

Thankfully, I completed it by blessed and fortuitous chance and it is one of the best things that has happened to me this year.

About two kilometers away from my house (a little over a mile) is a dirt road that follows a tiny brook's way. The brook becomes livelier in winter, with the rains. There is a splendid view of the Andes Mountains.

I discovered this place only this year. After one particularly depressing day of school, I decided to walk home (instead of taking the bus.) It takes a long time, but in the right conditions, the walk is lovely. I feel like Anne of Green Gables.

Especially that day, when I decided to take a new path. And it led me there.

I should name the place. It's too beautiful not to.

Perhaps "Shadow's Way" would suffice? Or "Shadow's Tunnel"? Maybe "Moon Ray." (Readers, please help me! Comment what you think I should call it.)

Anyways, it's easy to spend too many an hour on this path, breathing the ferny cold air, tempted to jump into the stream.

It's nice to have a haven in the midst of the city and suburbia. A place were light does not hit things directly, where there is always something left undiscovered. This has been one my favorites on the list so far. I invite you to discover a common new place too.

3 comments:

  1. Wow. That place is absolutely BEAUTIFUL :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are magical I wish I would find somewhere like that! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG these photos are beautiful! I hope to find places like this in my own city

    http://myperpetualperplexities.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...