Sunday, July 14, 2013

Good Night


Perhaps 17 was too old to start decorating the ceiling above my bed with glow-in-the-dark star-and-planet stickers. But at 17 I still hadn't tried pot, was a virgin, and hadn't started fully smoking cigarettes. And if I had done all those things, I still would have stuck the stickers on the ceiling.

Because when I was 4, I had a teddy bear called "Blue," as that was the shade of his fur. The teddy bear was thrown to the trash, and replaced by a white tiger, called "Rebecco," for reasons I no longer recall. When Rebecco decided to return to the jungle, I was left alone. Along came Anne, my imaginary red-headed friend (yes, I extracted my imaginary friend from the books). After a while, Anne forgot me. Along came God. And I still have God, but now I have the stars too.

Maybe I won't have his green eyes to bid farewell to the Days, maybe I won't have Happyness, but at least I have the stars everyday.

Every night I close my eyes; I might not be sleeping in a cherry tree, but every night I have the stars to kiss my forehead. Good night.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, you're nominated for Liebster Awards in the category of lovely writingz <3 <3 <3 see my blog for the details:
    http://sorryimoutofgoodurls.blogspot.com/2013/07/liebster-awards.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...