Wednesday, July 3, 2013

I Won't Apologize

Friday was the best night of my life


I used to be an avid fan of music. You know, the kind that uploads stuff to 8tracks. I listened to everything. Rock, reggae, pop, jazz, folk. Music in Spanish, in English, in Portugese, in French, in Italian, in Hebrew. Really, a lot of stuff. Varied stuff.

But that phase of my life is over. And I'm not sorry to have seen it go.

I have a new passion in my life. It's beyond music.

His name is Jorge Drexler.

Now, for you poor souls who can't appreciate the beauty of his lyrics because of a language barrier, I say LEARN SPANISH. In the meantime, he's got a small number of songs in English. They fall short to what the real Drexler is, but it's still something:



(I know that it's a cover from Radiohead's song, but, hear me out; RADIOHEAD IS NOTHING next to the beauty of Jorge Drexler.)

Now, listen to me, bloggers. I love English. It's a beautiful language. I feel at home when narrating or describing in it, but, unfortunately, I feel that poetry in English lacks the flicker of Spanish romanticism and passion. What with Pablo Neruda, Gabriela Mistral, Vicente Huidobro, Miguel Hernandez, Federico García Lorca... the list goes on and on. And it ends with Drexler. Here's my current favorite:



PS. I saw him live on Friday and it was AMAZING. I love him. I really do. I'm never getting married, unless it's to him. Jorge, just letting you know: I'm saving my virginity for YOU. (This is the kind of promise as that from Love in the Times of Cholera.)

I don't care if you don't understand my love. Few can. But those who do, live in the utmost height of exasperate enamourment. 


1 comment:

  1. Hi, I nominated you for the Liebster Award. If you would like to do it, here you will find everything http://toomuchlightburnsthenegative.blogspot.it/2013/07/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...