Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Ancient Civilizations


I have always been fascinated by history. And by cultures. And religions. And humanity. In a world that is being engulfed in an unstoppable globalization, it is hard to remember that there was a moment when we were all vastly different because of our cultural context. Humanity took every possible route in its perfecting of survival, creating wonderful and unique cultures at the same time.

One of the biggest gifts of my life has been living in a diverse country. Chile's unprecedented latitudinal length leaves one's heart content with all the diversity one can possibly desire. Unfortunately, I feel that a bit of this pride in national culture is being lost, too, to globalization. That is why I'm going to take my youth as an opportunity to see it all before it's too late. And maybe even share it with you!

Some pictures of my recent trip to Easter Island:

(I'm sorry about the lack of pictures of the actual culture of Easter Island.)







If you want to learn more about Easter Island you can watch this:



(The BBC documentary is horrible. Anyways, it's a very interesting polynesian culture!)

3 comments:

  1. I really want to go to Easter Island! It looks amazing. Thanks for sharing xx

    unlockingpandorasbox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love ancient cultures, too! I want to study anthropology. You're so lucky to get to go to Easter Island! thanks for the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really good photos! I really really want to visit South America!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...