Thursday, January 30, 2014

A Call To Arms



In my last post, I outlined a certain disenchantment with blogging as of late. I thought it was natural; part of a cycle that most bloggers have to go through.

But is it probable that there was no more to it?


------


In the past weeks, I've thought about what I value in others and in myself. Funny? Intelligent? Trustworthy? Nope, I think it's good.

I've met few people in my lengthy 18 years those that constantly place others before themselves, that believe in the power of a smile. You know, people that work towards making of this world a better place to live in. (Gosh I'm afraid I'm cheezier than a Pizza Hut commercial.) Most of us just look at our own belly buttons all day long and sigh about our troubles. (Example close at hand: "I just can't find anything to blog about!")

Anyways, there is something about TED talks that is not only inspiring but also epiphany-inducing. I saw the one above and it left me thinking, and thinking led to blogging.

I love taking pretty pictures and communicating my feelings here; but I don't feel this is enough.

I don't want my life to be about pretty images and fun moments. I don't want my life to be a collection of diverting amusements and so for the days to pass.

I want to actually do something. To contribute to the greater good, putting my penny of energy into the world's collective so that it rotates at least a bit more in the positive sense afterwards.

I'm sick of the illy frilly blogging. I'm done with it. (I understand now, too, that that is the blogging of blog views and blog readers. I do NOT spend hours on this shimmagadig for something as nonchalant as that.)

It's not like I'm this oh-so-deep personage who doesn't care about colors and fashion and pretty things. I just don't think that this is what my life is centered around. And my blog shouldn't either.


FUCKING TOODLES!
ANAAAA FUCKING BANANA

Edited to add: I just read this entry again and I'm feeling a little bit disgusted about myself. Reaaaally cheezy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...