Monday, January 20, 2014

Nightlife


My New Year's Eve is a drunken blurr of whose bits I remember being messy. Me: shrilling, jumping, dancing, beating to the drum of later-would-be embarrasing actions. All of this is okay every once in a while, but I realized that me being too drunk to discern at least a tad was becoming a too regular affair, so I was going to change. And now I'm going to drink just enough to have fun! Not until I can't remember any of what happened last night.

A few years ago, (or rather, just a year ago) I made the same decision about discotheques or "clubs", depending on your geographic location. I realized that in my catalogue, fun is not doing standing-up lap dances to complete strangers who see you as no more than a piece of meat. Fun for me was sitting down with my intimate friends to get wasted and do random crap. I especially loved to wander through city streets, watching the more daring of the lot somersault and peeing in hidden corners. I myself was daring every once in a while.

Right now, I know that nothing is absolute. I just know that I love to have fun and that there is no recipe for this. Although if there is, maybe fermentation has something to do with it. Dunno. Goodbye.


PS. I'm drunk right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...