Wednesday, July 30, 2014

What is life?



I'll tell you what.

Life is not confined within four walls, within the inoffensive colours of your school's preference, it is not a chronometered race against procrastination with the next project's due date as the finish line.

Life is out there.

Life is to touch, life is to look, life sprouts from our innermost.

I don't want my life to be a race.

I don't want my sweat to lead the way into college and sweat to be my parting gift out of college and to use this sweat in search of a job.

I don't want to live with my eyes set on vacations, the few days a year when I actually live.

I appreciate education but this is just nuts. I appreciate learning but this is not learning. I'm not going to learn here. I'm going to learn there, out there, with the grass on my heels and the wind in my hair. I have palms that need to embrace a lot more than just pens.

I have music and I have words and I have human touch. (Oh! That human touch. Nowadays I wonder more than ever, why we can't leave at touch and proceed to fists and slams, why why why...)

I have life within me, waiting for spring, waiting for vacations, waiting for dancing and running and smiling and laughing.

But I don't want to wait.

Life is not a line, it's not the minutes before a dentist's appointment. And why does it have to be so hard?

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree. We're born and raised and die in a society that sees time as money. We're born to learn to work to earn to buy to live. It should be just be born to live and die when you've lived. It's not right, but there it is.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...