Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Interior Design

Picture of my trip to NYC a few weeks ago that has absolutely nothing to do with the matter of the post.


I tweeted something about interior design a few days ago, and it got me a bunch of Martha Stewartish new followers, so I guessed if I did a whole blog post on interior design, it might get me on TV or something.

The only problem is that this post is not going to be about interior design per-se, but about the fact that I have realized that, when it comes to picturing my dream habitat, it inevitably falls either into the category of  adorable house or funky loft.

For example:

  • Whereas I summon dreams of the beautiful garden with an abundance of poplars and cherry trees and flowers of all sorts I would have, I imagine the funky loft as being (obviously garden-less but) an oasis full of funky, funky house plants. Succulents and the like everywhere.
  • While in my dreams the adorable house is located at least considerably in the middle of nowhere, a quiet, quiet place, the funky loft is naturally set in the middle of Providencia or another really alive and diverse neighbourhood of the like.
  • The adorable house is decorated in wooden tones and homey shit like, who knows, flowery quilts and knitted whatnots and I seriously haven't given this part much thought. I do know, however, that the funky loft has very, very funky art noveau (that's the one from the 50's, right?) deco, and a collection of vinyls and very cool art.
  • Yet both have very loved bookshelves.
I would keep on writing but I'm tired of changing fonts and I think it can be summed up in this:

The adorable house is basically a very Anne of Green Gables aesthetic.

The funky loft basically looks like my writing workshop teacher's home:



 (These pictures are from her Instagram but, please, if you follow her, don't tell her about my existence because NOBODY KNOWS ABOUT THIS BLOG. The why is reason for another post.)

Toodles,
Ana


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...