|My hair and its playmate, Wind.|
I know that I'm getting older because:
- One of my front teeth is chipped.
- I debate internally whether my hair deserves swimming pool chlorine or not before jumping in.
- The sea is too cold, even for my toes.
- My nails are way weaker than they used to be.
- If I sleep for more than eight hours straight, it's an achievement.
- Mixing sodas at Chuck E. Cheese now seems insane.
- I no longer get waffles with Nutella at breakfast buffets.
- I haven't danced alone in my room since who knows when.
- Imaginary friends are a thing of the past
- I'm studying to be the hum-drum lawyer I never wanted to be.
- Saying sorry to end a fight is not a hit on your pride, it's a hit on sources of misery.
- A party won't change your life.
- You can fall in love, but if you're falling in love too often, it's probably not love and you'll get over it.
- In general, boyfriends are overrated.
- You know what's not overrated? Mothers and good friends.
- How you dress is only important if you like how you dress.
- COMFORTABLE SHOES.
- PRETTY SHOES.
- Fruit is actually ten times more delightful than waffles with nutella.
- Never take a class during Friday afternoon because Friday afternoons are the best moment of the week.
- You're allowed to be imperfect, but that's your own secret with yourself and it's okay if nobody else understands.
- The people you surround yourself with are also allowed to be imperfect.
I am in love with the new granny-hair trend, because, if anything, aging is beautiful as long as you accept it.
(Says the 19-year-old girl, but whatever.)