Sunday, June 21, 2015

Yer Olde Talke Aboute Hesse


Hermann Hesse is probably one of my favourite writers of all time. Which is probably a bit unfair, because I've only read Siddhartha, Steppenwolf, and Demian.

Siddhartha I looooved. Which is also totally unfair, because I really did read it at the perfect moment. I was going back to yoga, eating a lot of fruit, utterly happy about my life, and this book seemed like complete illumination and I just couldn't stop crying.

Demian was fine, but I knew nothing about Hesse's obsession about Eastern thought when I read it and I was like wtf half the time. I think that if I read it again my thriving psychomagicness would do a tribal dance over the cadaver of my dead rationalism.

And I just finished Steppenwolf, which at first made me think "this book really gets me. Fuck burgeouis ethos." But I did not enjoy it much and I don't think any of its profound psychobabble really got through to me.

But still, Hesse's probably one of my favourite authors of all time. GO BEATNIK FEELZ.



1 comment:

  1. I have never read any of this author's books but I will make sure to them out if I ever come across them in a library or something ! Book recommendations are always good to take !

    xx, Charlie
    http://charlieleschroniques.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...