Sunday, November 29, 2015

Home is Underrated


Tumblr is a virtual, communal ode to a few things:

Sex.
Aesthetics.
Travelling.

(The list is a lot longer, but, given that I'm of the hipster niche of Tumblr, even if I tried to complete this list it wouldn't be representative. Let's just bump everthing else into aesthetics and move on to the topic of this blog post.)

Travelling is overrated.

Yes, this is coming from the absurdly privileged burgeois girl that has literally been on all continents and on many more than once. I have traipsed a ridiculous number of miles in only 20 years and 20 days, and it has been awesome but honestly all I want right now is to

stay.

My life motto as of late has been the beauty of the microscopic surpasses infintely that of the macroscopic and with that emblem on my chest I am discovering that no longer do I need to find the new, more, different, but rather, I want to dwelve into the comfort of the places I know. More accurately still, I want to rediscover and examine the details of the places I thought I knew and discover that there's beauty still, always, forever.

Thrill < Calm

After too much travelling, all I want to do is stay.

1 comment:

  1. I used to think I wanted to grow up to have an interesting life where I would move cities all the time, but then I realised that if I'm always travelling, what's the meaning of home? I'm going to Malaysia in two weeks, and half the time I just wish I could stay put. It's nice to see places, but it's nice to belong in a place too.

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...