Thursday, December 24, 2015

How do you picture yourself in old age?


My sweet ole mother says she imagines her life's twilight in a retirement home, sharing a room with her sister (who has impeccable taste and will make of retirement-home-life oh so exquisite.) All of this is biologically unlikely, as my dad has got far better life-expectancy genes than my mom.

But whatever.

Old age is not something that worries me at 20.

But then, if I could choose

at an old age I would have a bunchload of grandchildren, a beach house, or maybe a country house, I'd still be working but at an easy pace. Hopefully I'll no longer live in Chile.


Honestly, I think I want it to be pretty much the same life I'm going to have at 20, 30, 40, and 50. Sweet, surrounded by people and places I love, and relatively busy.

So there.

What about you?

2 comments:

  1. I think people are what matters most, and that sounds like a lovely life to have.

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds really sweet!
    I'd love to live a red-bricked house in my old age, filled with loads of books!
    Stay awesome as ever,
    Much love,
    Archie <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...