This school year I will have lots o' time, for reasons that deserve a blog post on their own.
Unlike most people, I hate free time. It makes me feel guilty and useless. But for two consecutive years I've read oh too little and this is my opportunity to get up to date with all the books I've bought at fairs and never read.
If you would like to add to this list, please do. I love book recommendations.
- Eichmann in Jersualem by Hannah Arendt
- Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami
- The Dinner by Hermann Koch
- The Price of Salt by Patricia Highsmith
- I want to read essays so that I might replicate the arguments and seem smart during debates.
- The Hunting Gun by Yasushi Inoue
- Literature Classes by Julio Cortázar
- Poetry! By Edna St. Vincent Millay, Sylvia Plath, Mary Oliver, Emily Dickinson, and all the gals that prove that poetry is wiser when written with feminine pens, and fuck all of my gender principles on this one.
Remember: I love recommendations!