Saturday, April 9, 2016

Confessions



The girl you see in the picture above is me, Ana Ruiz, a psychology student.

"Whatever happened to Law! Or to Literature! When the fuck did you get the notion that you wanted to be a psychologist."

Dear readers, the truth:
I started Law School (remember, the Chilean system works differently) about a year and a half ago in the midst of an agonizing existential crisis where I was like oh fudge my ideals where arst thou, where ist all that I've thought to be true. Who are my friends, what do I want.

I knew NOTHING, so I joined Law School and even sort of liked it. There were a few points of my 2015 that were thrilling. And I learned oh so fucking much.

But I did not want to be a lawyer. I sort of still wanted to study Law, 'cause I was having a fun time and 'cause I was learning so much, but I did not want to be a lawyer. (In spite of the fact that I don't believe that lawyers are suit-wearing thugs. They're actually very important in the making of a just society.)

Anyhoo, I also knew that I no longer wanted to be a writer and teacher. Just because I didn't. It does not appeal to me at all.

And it clicked.

Psychology.

It's a topic that I'm truly interested about, and it gives me a chance to do some good unto the world, AND, I get to work with kids, which are my very favorite thing and the reason I wanted to be a teacher in the first place.

I am extremely happy that I took this decision, but, boy, does starting university twice SUCK.

Much love to the readership,
Ana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...