Monday, April 25, 2016

Defeated by stereotypes


I am now in the know of the fact that I am a person challenged by severe stereotypes. Not in the "you're black, therefore you're violent" or "you're of Asian descent, therefore you must be an academic genius" sense. But rather, of the "you're a rich and privileged white kid and dress like it, therefore you must be an insufferable piece of shallow trash" kind.

And I have discovered that rich, privileged white girls and boys can be interesting, funny, intelligent, and think their own minds too.

Over and out,
Ana

1 comment:

  1. Hmm.. I never thought of it that way either, but I guess even the people we all stereotypically consider privileged and completely utterly standard and normal have their own stereotypes too. I'm the Asian who low-key suffers every stereotype that comes with it.

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...