Monday, May 9, 2016

Cold Temperatures, Dearest

The icy skies of winterland
I was working up some coffee to write a paper that is due in like, five minutes. The smell of homey coffee, the gurgling sound of the boiling water, the calmness with which said boiling water descended unto the mug. I needed to write a small ode to winter.

Do not get me wrong, dear reader. I am of the ardent spring 'n' summer lovers. But since I have no option and must live through the grey and boring winter months, might as well make the best of it.

I like the love that bed covers are wont to give you during the best eight hours of the day.
I like the singular richness of toast during winter, and the romance of its smell wafting through your sleepy senses.
I like hugs especially during these months.
And the pleasure of lazyness.
I like huge and lovingly knit scarves, coats with dainty buttons, smart boots, and sweaters with arms long enought to cover your knuckles upon insistence.
I like holding hands. But then I can like that through the sweaty summer months too.
I like the dancing rain on my rooftop, and the orchestrating wind on the trees.

Winter doesn't have to be too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...