The Chilean expression día redondo (literally "round day", metaphorically a full yet nice day) is what my past 24 hours of winter vacations were.
I woke up thinking that I had nothing to do but go to the gym and read.
ALAS, NO! Sometimes life has other things in mind for you.
<3 .="" p=""> As the day developed, I:3>
- Went to a three hour meeting regarding my University's future Gender Issues Visibility Group (I'm a horrible translator of quotidian things like this one, mind you.)
- Had lunch at my current crush's faculty cafeteria. This would've been uneventful as most life-things, had I not spent the whole time with my nose pasted to the window in case I spotted him. (If I had, I probably would've scrammed. Like, solitary noodles from a tray in a Uni cafeteria are as unglamorous as you get.)
- Spent an hour or two reading in a lovely winter park amidst teens smoking pot.
- Called on a friend who lives downtown and has the most adorable kitty cat. She made me coffee and we chatted about politics and men.
- Bought two dresses. If I'm going to destroy the patriarchy, I'm going to do it in a fabulous dress.
- Went to my beautiful literary workshop, where I was lovingly complemented on my story and where I started cooking ideas for a maybe future novel.
- Took the subway and bus home, listening to Miike Snow and smiling at the winter city lights.