Monday, July 4, 2016

Día Redondo




The Chilean expression día redondo (literally "round day", metaphorically a full yet nice day) is what my past 24 hours of winter vacations were.

I woke up thinking that I had nothing to do but go to the gym and read.

ALAS, NO! Sometimes life has other things in mind for you.
<3 .="" p=""> As the day developed, I:
  1. Went to a three hour meeting regarding my University's future Gender Issues Visibility Group (I'm a horrible translator of quotidian things like this one, mind you.)
  2. Had lunch at my current crush's faculty cafeteria. This would've been uneventful as most life-things, had I not spent the whole time with my nose pasted to the window in case I spotted him. (If I had, I probably would've scrammed. Like, solitary noodles from a tray in a Uni cafeteria are as unglamorous as you get.)
  3. Spent an hour or two reading in a lovely winter park amidst teens smoking pot.
  4. Called on a friend who lives downtown and has the most adorable kitty cat. She made me coffee and we chatted about politics and men.
  5. Bought two dresses. If I'm going to destroy the patriarchy, I'm going to do it in a fabulous dress.
  6. Went to my beautiful literary workshop, where I was lovingly complemented on my story and where I started cooking ideas for a maybe future novel.
  7. Took the subway and bus home, listening to Miike Snow and smiling at the winter city lights.
I LOVE THESE BUSY AND BEAUTIFUL DAYS. I LOVE LIFE. WORTH THE HEADACHE THEY GIVE MY SENSIBLE YET PRETTY HEAD.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...