Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Fangirling over Stranger Things

Picture from here.

*Edited three months later to add* OK, so anybody reading this at least three months after the Stranger Things phenomen will roll his/her eyes at this post. I respect that. It HAS been way too much hype, I contributed to it, and now admit that it is a tired subject. Three months afterwards, this post sort of embarrasses me, but hey, we all did love Stranger Things before it became an annoying topic.

This is a post that's hard to begin, because I am a tiny thing of admiration for a gigantical thing of genius. "Awe-some" thing, in all its literal glory. 

BY THE WAY, IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN STRANGER THINGS DO NOT CONTINUE READING. THIS POST WON'T CONTAIN ANY MAJOR SPOILERS BUT WHY ARE YOU WASTING YOUR TIME ON MY STUPID BLOG AND NOT WATCHING THE BEST SERIES IN ALL OF MANKIND.

Anyhow, as my life is one eternal ode to lists, I will try to use one to canalize my rabid love:

  1. Eleven is the most bad-ass, beautiful, human, and belovable character in all of TV junkie experience. I wanna be her. Or her mother, to feed her waffles, and hug her all day. She just the paradigm of AMAZING, and she's so bringing the Britney-in-2007 hairstyle back.
  2. Dustin is the cutest comic genius in the history of nerdy characters. Seriously, he makes not having teeth the greatest thing of all times.
  3. I hate Nancy. Can we all agree on this one? To hate Nancy together? Even when she recovers from her angsty annoyingness, I still get the itch of URGH, FAKESTER! Friggin' Nancy. *Edited to add: I read a Tweet that said that Nancy-haters were essentially slut-shamers, which worries my very proud feminism. What do you think? I honestly thought I disliked her because she has spine only when concerning the Jerk that is Steve. But maybe that is slut shaming?*
  4. Vintage is always the best way to go. Most people will say that this series reminds them of E.T. but I haven't seen E.T. since I was a five-year-old cherub, so I'm going for: THIS HAS SUCH A TWIN PEAKS *FEELZ*.
  5. Winona Ryder. Let no more be said.
Questions for the audience: Does Barb deserve all the hype? Favourite part about Eleven? Favourite character? Do you suddenly want to decorate all 0f your home with Christmas lights, in spite of their spookyness? What did this series make you most nostalgic for? (Even if you're a 90's child like me, let's just pretend we can get nostalgic for eras we didn't even live through.)

I'm seriously thinking about watching it all over again.

1 comment:

  1. i LOVE stranger things SO MUCH omg! this show truly blew me away, bc in general i'm not one for spooky/scary things, but the plotlines and the characters drew me in and i literally couldn't stop watching. i'm not entirely anti-Nancy, I feel like i was rooting for her the whole season because she's such a conflicted person, despite the many ups and downs in terms of how much she got on my nerves. but the MOST insufferable was steve. i know it seems like a cliche, but from the moment i set eyes on him i couldn't stand him. even his comeback in the final episode was not enough to redeem him in my eyes.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...