I see through the vinyl capitalist plot: It's just a way to have us hipsterish people invest in useless stuff (because, honestly, you can listen to the same music on free and accesible Youtube.)
But as of late, I have started becoming nostalgic of the epoque when I had to buy CDs in order to listen to music, because that meant having, touching, seeing that object of pure happiness, ie, the music you love.
I don't have the money or the room space right now to buy a disk player, or whatever you call those fancy shingamadigs, but if I could, I would
- Blue by Joni Mitchell (OF COURSE) (JONI I LOVE YOU)
- The Suburbs by Arcade Fire
- Fleet Foxes by Fleet Foxes
- The Queen is Dead by The Smiths
- Kind of Blue by Miles Davis